From: speleoste...@aol.com
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 6:36 AM
To: gi...@att.net ; texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Austin Lounge Lizards

Here's a little morsel about Joe "King" Carrasco. In 1979 the Huautla Project
held a benefit concert at Soap Creek Saloon in Austin to raise money to buy
caving rope. Through Jim Lawless, a housemate of Blake Harrison's, I lined up
Joe "King" to play at it. His band was to be one of three bands playing that
night. But at the last minute he had to go to his mother's unexpected wedding
in Utah. He told me that he would make good on it someday.

Fast forward nearly 30 years. When I was recruited to be in charge of the Howdy
Party for the ICS in 2009, and starting in 2007, I contacted Joe "King" through
Ruff Daniels, who owns property next to some Joe "King" has near Marble Falls.
"King" said he'd do it and to keep checking back with him. So I did. When it
got to be within a few months, and he was living in Cabo San Lucas, Baja
California and playing in bars there, he told me, "I can't tell you for sure
that I can be there! You're asking me to play in Texas in eight months, and I
don't know where I'll be in eight days."

So I canceled on Joe "King" Carrasco performing at the ICS Howdy Party and went
instead with the Dusty Britches Band.

Joe "King" knows some cavers and knows about caving.

Bill Steele

In a message dated 5/5/2013 8:07:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time, gi...@att.net