Mexican topographic maps by INEGI are now available for free download.

1,238 cartas, escala 1:20 000 en formatos pdf, tiff y gif.

2,085 cartas, escala 1:50 000 en formatos tiff, gif, 2074 de las cuales tienen formato shp y 2060 tienen formato pdf.

212 cartas históricas (1973-1988) escala 1:50 000 en formato pdf.

121 cartas, escala 1:250 000 en formato tiff y gif, 94 de las cuales tienen además formato geopdf.

32 cartas (entidad federativa) escala 1:250 000 en formato pdf.

11 cartas, escala 1:1 1000 000 en formatos pdf, tiff, gif y shape.

The URL to get to the menu directly is

http://www.inegi.org.mx/sistemas/biblioteca/detalle2.aspx?c=2354&upc=0&s=geo&tg=999&f=2&cl=0&pf=Prod&ef=0&ct=206000000

It is possible to get there with less typing indirectly, but I haven't figured it out completely yet. Free registration via a form in Spanish is required; I haven't managed to do that right yet, either. But looks like a useful and important service. Thanks for Dan Oliva for pointing it out. -- Mixon
Rules to live by: Don't, and don't forget to.
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: a...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org