I have only been home 24 hours and I am already reminiscing about all the
fun I had in Kiwi Sink yesterday.

This is just an opinion, but when I was down on my knees digging, I wish I
had had the rock pick shown in the link below:

http://www.estwing.com/img/products/g_geo_paleo.jpg

Any rock-pick type hammer would have been more efficient, but this one has
a pointed end and a chiseled end, and a longer handle, and better grip.

A layman's description of the stuff that I was digging in, was a compressed
pile of limestone rocks, with each rock being about the size of the hand,
held tightly together by lots of dirt mixed with clay , pebbles, and a few
oyster shells, some tiny pieces of tree.    Occasionally there would be a
rock big enough that you needed 2 hands to lift it up.     And there were
some that you couldn't lift, or that 2 people would not be able to
lift.      The really big rocks were hoisted out in place using old
nylon-webbing lifting-straps.

One caver's theory is that old-timers back in the late 1800's and later
dumped all this stuff
in the sinkhole in order to fill it up, and that diggers have not yet
reached the real cave breakdown.

Another mentioned that he said, old-timers gossiped about a long cave being
in this area.

On a side note,

Andy makes the best turkey-sausage breakfast muffin.    Were those from his
home-grown organic turkeys ??

If Kiwi Sink were an hour away, I would have gone digging in it after work
today, but it is a 7 hour round-trip for me.

I have a current photo of the entrance if anybody cares to see it.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EfCz-Tznfps/UYhK8Uks6zI/AAAAAAAAB8M/i23E_Ip0KDI/w1062-h636/13+-+1

David Locklear