I did read the site carefully, and my concerns remain.

I see this as a poor light to rely on in an emergency.  Few people have the
discipline to maintain such charging regimens pre-emergency.  These will
most likely be packed away in the dark for years in emergency kits, and
will not be ready for action when a disaster hits.

Worst possible case, the battery may be too-deeply discharged and thus
not chargeable after several years of non-use.

For 3 ounces, I could carry a full set of AA batteries that have a
shelf-life of 10 years.  They would power an LED light for a long, long
time.