Howdy Cavers!

Urgent news is that the TCMA life membership cost is increasing to $500;
however, there will be a summer sale from today until July 31 when you can
still purchase a life membership for $400. This decision was made because
we have sold out of the promotional life member survey pouches.

*TCMA Updates for the past two months:*

The TSA Spring Convention was great fun. The annual TCMA fundraising
auction was a huge success. The presentation on "TCMA - What You Know and
What You Know Now" was well received and generated good interest and
support. The members meeting was well attended.

The Robber Baron Cave Open House on April 27 was also very successful.
Attendance was down a bit from the previous year due to Fiesta happening
that same weekend; however, the crowd was generous and we raised almost as
much money as last year. Over 40 volunteers came out to support the event,
and it was a fun time for all. Organized by preserve manager Joe Mitchell.

A Rolling Oaks Preserve work day also occurred in April. The 14
volunteers who came out for the work day loaded up and hauled out off a
huge trash pile dug out of Niche Cave last fall and removed several large
rocks from Niche Cave. Organized by preserve manager Ellie Watson.

The Board of Directors met in Austin yesterday, and they are hard at work
making policy decisions to keep the TCMA current and professional. Owning
and managing cave preserves with your support!

*Cave Trips*
If you are interested in trips to our cave preserves, please contact your
local grotto, as trips occur regularly to some of our preserves, including
Whirlpool Preserve, Robber Baron Preserve, and Deep & Punkin Preserve.
 Thanks for your support of Texas Caves!
Find out more at www.tcmacaves.org.