Nice timing on this thread so close to Father's Day.

My first cave was Gruta del Palmito as well. My dad took me when I was 6 years old ('67).

I remember a long walk up the mountain, there was talk about mastodon bones I was disappointed in not finding and what I thought was the coolest thing ever - crawling over and under all that breakdown slope.

Reminds me I need to get my own kids back under ground soon.

Probably a good idea to call dad and thank him specifically for that trip.

-Robert