I owned serial Suburbans back in the day, starting back when they were actually trucks and not all tricked out like rolling whorehouses with headliners and the like. There was actually metal on the interior that you could screw stuff to. My first one had only three doors, two on the curb side and one for the driver--not counting the tailgate, of course. The second seat was optional back then, and had to be unbolted to be removed. My experience with them has made me swear to never buy anything from GM again, and I haven't. Mostly nuisances like broken door handles, failed light switches, snapped speedometer cables, leaky driveline seals, etc. etc. etc. An engine-mount bolt fell out up in the Purificación cave area in Mexico. When a fuel pump failed on one of them, a dealer fixed it but returned the truck to me with the sparkplug wires mixed up. (Not clear why they were even removed.) The last straw was when my last one had a total ignition failure on the way home from a Sunday swim two days before I had to leave for an NSS convention somewhere in the NW. Then on the way home the fuel pump on that one went out, too. I suppose some people think things like that just add spice to a trip. I kept none of them beyond ~ 130K miles. "Your mileage may vary." -- Mixon
Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them more.
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: a...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org