I won't have a chance to see the film in Santa Fe, but would hope that
someone would encourage it to be shown in Albuquerque at our Guild Theater
here. The color and composition of the rock do look more like what we see
at Tent Rocks Nat'l Monument (tuff, as Mark suggested) rather than
sandstone.  Sandstone would be much more difficult to dig through and carve
the way Ra does. It seems that the artist/constructor would know the rock
type he's digging in, but perhaps, it's easier to say "soft sandstone."
Linda Starr