---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Donna Howell <donna_jhow...@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Subject: RE: [SWR] anatomy of a bat
To: Linda Starr <lstarr...@gmail.com>

 well I was very interested...mostly in how mystifyingly bogus this was.
"Pickled" bats are almost never skeletonized...if one's goal is a bat
skeleton, you dump a freshly dead non-preserved bat into the dermestid
beetle larvae.  Once a bat is pickled, the meat is much harder to remove
with dissecting tools and the bugs ain't gonna touch a bat body full of
preservatives, even if one has painstakingly picked/cut/pulled most of the
meat off beforehand. And the comment about 'good science' being
messy...this aint science, its tech work