----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "speleoste...@aol.com" <speleoste...@aol.com>
To: Texascavers@texascavers.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 7:01 AM
Subject: [Texascavers] Seeking Texas grotto information for the Texas Caver
newsletter

Good morning, Texas cavers,

Our new editor of the Texas Caver, Jill Orr, is seeking material for the
next issue. I have volunteered to seek a couple of paragraphs from each
grotto in Texas and have a regular column about grotto "goin-ons". I just
dashed out the two paragraphs below about my grotto. Please, would the
chairperson of each grotto, or someone delegated by the chairperson or who just
wants to do it, send me a couple of paragraphs about their grotto? I'd really
like to get these by next Sunday. I'm leaving for a caving expedition to China
on Dec. 16 and have a lot to get ready.

DFW Grotto

The Dallas-Fort Worth Grotto is about 52 years old. It meets once a
month at the Dallas REI on the fourth Wednesday night of the month. The
meetings last two hours with an hour of it being business, announcements, trip
reports, and upcoming caving trips, and an hour devoted to a presentation,
almost always a narrated slide show. After the meeting most people go to a
nearby Taco Cabana restaurant for fellowship and talk of caving past and
future.

Members of the DFW Grotto are conducting a project to thoroughly explore
and map Spring Creek Cave, Kendall Co., Texas, one of the dozen longest caves
in
the state. Its members go caving in a multitude of places such
as Texas, Arkansas, New Mexico, Arkansas, TAG, Kentucky, Mexico, China,
etc. The current grotto chair is Steve Webb, with the chair-elect
being Natasha Glasgow. Besides Steve Webb as chair in 2012, the vice
chairperson (in charge of grotto programs) was Natasha Glasgow, secretary
Charles Goldsmith, and treasurer Diana Tomchick. Other incoming officers are
Jay
Jordan - vice chairperson, Jake McLeod - secretary, and Diana Tomchick will
remain as treasurer.

Thanks for your help with this.

Cavingly yours,

Bill Steele

PS - Editor Jill Orr is looking for someone with each grotto to "ride herd"
on grotto members to get articles
written and sent to her. I'm going to do so for the DFW Grotto. Jake
McLeod, if you read this, know that I'm going to ask you to write one about
becoming a caver in Texas. You sure have done that over the past six months.