I am from Juarez Mexico and know the area fairly well. McKellygon Canyon is
within the Franklin Mountains State Park, managed by TPWD. However there is
a lot of surrounding private land not very suitable for development due to
high topographic relief.  Perhaps this guy is living in one of those areas.

That is inexpenssive housing, for sure...

Dr. Beto Barud