Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 21:01:34 -0600
From: lmcn...@austin.rr.com
To: linda.k.pa...@gmail.com
CC: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Kissy Kissy Pooh-Pooh

    On 12/6/2012 8:11 PM, Linda Palit
      wrote: Seen lots of these bugs. In my SA house and all over south
      Texas they ate around. It is a dangerous world.

      Yeah Linda, I have too, even growing up in north central Texas
      (Brownwood).  But I never found the ones up here crawling on me at
      night or biting me, nor saw them commonly in caves.  And the ones
      in Central America are on steroids compared to those up here in
      terms of size and blood lust.  It's not just the bugs you see, but
      the parasites you don't see.  According to what Barb initially
      told me, and what the CDC site says right now:  ". . .the parasite
      Trypanosoma cruzi, which is transmitted to animals and
      people by insect vectors and is found only in the Americas
      (mainly, in rural areas of Latin America where poverty is
      widespread).  Yeah, "it is a dangerous world".  You can get
      "pooh-poohed" anywhere, anytime!  Ha, gotcha!

      LowGun