From: pns_...@bellsouth.net
To: power_lou...@hotmail.com
CC: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Blue Moon of Kentucky
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 12:42:18 -0500

Last night we did have a clear view of the huge
rising full Blue Moon.

Reminds me of that old Bill Monroe
classic----

Blue Moon Of Kentucky lyrics

Blue
moon of Kentucky, keep on shining
Shine on the one that's gone and left me
blue
Blue moon of Kentucky, keep on shining
Shine on the one that's gone
and left me blue
It was on one moonlight night
Stars shining
bright
Whisper on high
Love said goodbye
Blue moon of Kentucky keep on
shining
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue

(As released
by Patsy Cline, August 5, 1963)

I said blue moon of Kentucky, keep on
a-shinin'
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue
Blue moon of
Kentucky, keep on a-shinin'
Shine on the one that's gone and left me
blue

It was on one moonlit night, stars shinin' bright
( From:
http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/bill-monroe-lyrics/blue-moon-of-kentucky-lyrics.html

)
Whispered on high, love said goodbye

I said blue moon of Kentucky,
keep on a-shinin'
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue

Blue
moon of Kentucky, keep on a-shinin'
Shine on the one that's gone and left me
blue
Blue moon of Kentucky, keep on a-shinin'
Shine on the one that's gone
and left me blue

Well, it was on one moonlit night, stars shinin'
bright
Whispered on high, your lover said goodbye
I said blue moon of
Kentucky, keep on a-shinin'
Shine on the one that's gone and left me
blue
Left me blue

Preston in
Outer Browder about 30 miles from Rosine, KY, the birthplace of Bill
Monroe.
A little star
and moon watching has always been a part of my camping fun when on caving
adventures.