Not only is the Baltimore Grotto the most active of the 4 grottos
mentioned, but also since most the caving for the entire region is Done in
WV / Western VA the DC, Baltimore, and PSC (Northern VA) Grottos (all very
active) maintain a shared caving calendar and communicate events to each
other.

http://www.cavingclub.org/info/calendar/cal.pdf   user/pass: calend/gocave

For the more informal events make sure to get into the grottos mailing
list.  Note: VAR is happening this weekend, this is kind of like TCR with
lots of caving and partying.  I would highly recommend going.

-Brian