From: Speleosteele <speleoste...@aol.com>
To: Texascavers <Texascavers@texascavers.com>
Sent: Tue, Sep 25, 2012 7:18 am
Subject: [Texascavers] Tennessee's Marion O. Smith is officially an old man

Many Texas cavers have met and have gone caving with Marion O. Smith. He's done
a lot of caving in Mexico. The first time I went caving with him, in 1969, he
was 26 years old and I was 20. He said he was old, and he sure seemed a lot
older, even then. But look at him now.

Yesterday was Marion's 70th birthday. Not only did he go caving on his
birthday, but he took a hard trip to dig in a cave. Here's a video shot of the
trip:

http://vimeo.com/50114281

Bill Steele