Ioana Meleg is coming to Carlsbad in January from Romania to attend the
Carbon and Boundaries in Karst Symposium that will be hosted by NCKRI.
Starting Saturday, January 12th, she will be available to go caving. At this
point I don't know how long she will be able to stay in the area, and
suspect she is flexible. She will need a ride and a place to crash and isn't
picky (she may be willing to stay in a cheap motel but she won't have
luggage space to pack camping gear). She would prefer caves that don't
require vertical gear, again to minimize the amount of stuff she needs to
bring with her.

If anyone on the list will be or can be in the Carlsbad area during that
time and would like to take her caving, let me know soon and I'll send you
her contact information so you can work out the details. She needs to book
her flights soon to get cheap rates, and her return date will depend on if
and how much extra time she spends caving. Romania has some fantastic caves
and taking her caving here may be a great way for you to see some of those
caves if you get to Europe (like during the International Congress of
Speleology next year).

Thanks,

George

***************************

George Veni, Ph.D.

Executive Director

National Cave and Karst Research Institute

400-1 Cascades Avenue

Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215  USA

Office: 575-887-5517

Mobile: 210-863-5919