When I tried to download an old NSS News from the NSS web site

https://secure.caves.org/nss-business/publications/NSS_News/2004/August_04.pdf

(but you'll have to get there by going to caves.org and logging into the "members area" with your NSS number and ZIP code)

the download speed was briefly respectable, but quickly fell monotonically. I gave up after it got down to 1.5 KB/sec and "37 minutes remaining."

This doesn't happen to any similar downloads, such as from the AMCS web site, e.g.,

http://www.amcs-pubs.org/bul/bul4.pdf

Do others see the same thing? A private response will do. -- Mixon
God created the world in six days. On the seventh day, while God rested, the Devil created religion.
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org