Sounds like a job for Geochemists' Workbench (or PHREEQC), which I have access to. I'd be glad to do some runs if data is available. Temperature effects I bet are minor as mentioned, and partial pressure of CO2 should be a main driver for depositional events of calcite "snow". These depositional events happen in lakes, too.

Just for the record, this is Neal Hines (NSS 47827), relatively new to Texas (Austin), having moved here from Minnesota with my wife who is in music grad. school at UT. I've met several cavers already and I look forward to getting underground a bit more.
-Neal