We're pleased to announce that the NSS Web site is getting some
major improvements on March 12th.  The home page has been
simplified by moving all links that pertain only to members to a
separate MEMBERS page, which will incorporate information
previously located on the "NSS Business" pages.   You'll find it
easier and more straightforward to navigate, and an internal search
function will soon be added. As you've perhaps noticed, the login
system has already been improved; instead of protecting just the
front door, it secures our internal business from all directions,
including from web bots and search engines. As before, log into the
member-only section of the Web site with your NSS number and use
your zip code as the password.

Why March 12th, you ask?  Because that marks the first anniversary
of the CavingNews Web site, and we're using that date to unveil a
cooperative arrangement in which we host a CavingNews.com
widget on our home page, and ask you to assist the site by providing
local and regional caving news stories.

A third major change is that on the new Members page, there is now
an archive of all NSS periodicals -- yes, all, from our inception in
1941!  It's not yet quite complete, but will be very soon.  You're sure
to enjoy this trove of entertainment and information.

You can read about these changes more in depth here:
http://caves.org/info/Web_Announcement.pdf

Or better yet, go to caves.org and explore!