Howdy, y’all, and happy spring!

We will be conducting a work weekend at Longhorn Caverns State Park on
Saturday, April 7th, even though it’s Easter weekend. (We’ll try not to bury or
otherwise harm the Easter Bunny!).

We have plenty of projects and a need for cavers, so come on out!

We will have one crew working on building the stairs that go down behind the
Indian Council room where they stash the wine for events.

(Sorry, there’s none there now!).

We also will have a crew working on the surface, carefully, over the Natural
Bridge area, as it has been mentioned some limb and debris clearing in that
area would be beneficial.

Bring hand tools, buckets, shovels, gloves, loppers, etc., if interested.

Finally, if we have enough help, a crew can use the fill from the Wine Area
stairs and that pile of dirt in the Grand Ballroom could continue to be used to
fill in the washed out trail areas in the Grand Ballroom, near the
end/beginning of the Lover Lane trail.

We’ll be meeting at the Parking Lot up from the Visitors Center at 9 AM
Saturday.

Look for my big white F250 with the SPAM/Shiner Bock/John Wayne/Luckenbach/Bat
stickers on the back window.

We will conclude with a thru trip later on in the afternoon and an evening
dinner at the Bluebonnet Café in Marble Falls.

Camping is available at the park Friday and Saturday nights

Please let me know if you’ll be attending and I can send you the combination to
the gate and other tidbits.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks!

Mark