How times have changed. Back in the 60s (when I had to walk two miles uphill through the snow to get to the Internet), I bought all the topos for the cave region in Indiana for 18 cents each. In 1980, I photographed all of them with home-made copy camera in my basement onto 10x12-inch Kodalith Ortho film, using a color filter to drop out the green woodland overprint, and the Windy City Grotto printed sets of them on 8.5x11 paper using our ancient Multilith offset duplicator. Amazingly, every detail is there, although a magnifying glass helps. We sold the sets in a plasic zip-type bag. I've still got mine.--Mixon
When you consider television's awesome power to educate, aren't you thankful it doesn't?
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org