texascavers Digest 3 Dec 2011 05:21:27 -0000 Issue 1447

Topics (messages 19140 through 19145):

Re: 2012 TSA Spring Convention *Save The Date*
        19140 by: Jerry
        19141 by: Fritz Holt

The Big cave "Hang Son Doong" in Vietnam!
        19142 by: Espeleo Coahuila

Bexar Grotto Holiday Party on Saturday, December 17
        19143 by: Geary Schindel

Re: [SWR] Fenix HP-11 (Light, not a calculator)
        19144 by: Mark Alman

Re: Ceremonial Cave
        19145 by: Chris Vreeland

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
I apologize for not being there, as I guess being at the TSA meeting is a
prerequisite for having an opinion on the business that was conducted there.
And yes, I would have probably noted at the meeting that it was unfortunate, if
not a little embarrassing, that no one on the Executive Council knew the
Bylaws, or had a copy to consult, --- and thought that only two meetings a year
was adequate for the membership based on the lack of business brought forward
by the officers. Sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy, no ?

BTW - did read the minutes and noted the meeting cancellation, but thought it
was sorta like counting hairs on a hog to point out the obvious at the time
since it was possible that you were still going to be chairmen next year. Now
that Arburn has inherited the issue and Holsinger brought forward the question,
it's a whole new ball game.

Jerry.

From: jerryat...@aol.com<mailto:jerryat...@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 21:20:01 -0500
It might have been prudent for someone to ask if there was a reason to hold a
TSA Winter Business meeting before just cancelling it because "it was close to
both the fall and spring meetings".  The Winter meeting introduces the new
officers to the membership and formally inducts them into the responsibilities
of the Executive Council. It was found that it was best to have a meeting early
on in the year so that the new slate of officers don't wait until the Spring
Convention to start working on TSA business or really giving it much thought.

..... sorta like the way you all decided to get rid of it, -- not much
thought..... just convenience ....

Jerry.
From: Mark.Alman <mark.al...@l-3com.com<mailto:mark.al...@l-3com.com>>
To: Julia Germany <germa...@aol.com<mailto:germa...@aol.com>>; JerryAtkin