George is right that Descent is a nice magazine. Only six issue per year, but similar in size to the NSS News, although color pix throughout. I think the layout is a bit gonzo, and you have to sometimes search for where the text resumes, but that's a minor quibble. Subscriptions to the US rather costly: $80/year by air, $68 per year by sea. (The NSS is a great deal in comparison.) It is commercially published (www.wildplaces.co.uk; you'd have to print out and mail the order form with a personal check on US bank, which is accepted; no credit card or PayPal). I think I've been subscribing since sometime in the 1970s; anyway I have a complete set (it started in 1967), although the first six are photocopies.--Mixon
For an easy holiday this year, just give everybody the finger.
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org