From: Wm Shrewsbury [mailto:presid...@caves.org]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 5:34 AM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: RE: [Texascavers] BOG Recap and Thank You!

Clint, Roger, Louise... and everyone too numerous to list here,

I would like to personally thank everyone for their hard work hosting our Board
meeting.  By "our" I mean not only the Board of Governors, but every member of
our Society.  We exist because of you, and it is through members such as
yourselves that we have accomplished so much over the last 70 years.  Every
host group brings their own flavor to the Society, and I'd have to say you
definitely brought the meat to the table!  I, for one, will always remember
"It's National Speleological Society Day on October 22nd!"

It is always amazing to see the diversity of our membership ride along so well
with the common goals we strive for.  Thank you very much, and we look forward
to molding our Society into the organization that will make us all proud.

Clint, you deserve a special thanks for the work you're doing in Houston.
Additionally, I'd like to thank you for attending the Strategic Planning
Workshop on Sunday and the invaluable input you provided.  Folks, let me tell
you this man is bubbling over with excitement not only for caving and his
fellow cavers, but for the Society as a whole.  I'd say you are fortunate to
have him as the GHG Chairman, however I'm sure you already know that.  We hope
one day to have him on our Society's board.

Keep up the great work and we'll see you underground,

Wm Shrewsbury
NSS President