Jacqui,

I spoke with Don Arburn about organizing a trip to Punkin and Deep Cave
near Carta Valley between Del Rio and Rocksprings and this was his
reply.

 Matt, just set a date, we'll work out the rest. Basically you will need
a designated trip leader to accompany your group, I have a list I can
call upon for volunteers. This person will know the cabin procedures and
the paths through the caves. Currently, due to bats, Punkin is closed
except for the main big room and it's two rope drops. Deep cave surveys
begin soon, therefore opening more cave for your pleasure.

There is a $5 per person property usage donation and a few hours of
service work. I have directions, liability releases and volunteer hour
worksheets. Currently there is a burn ban (no fires), and a requirement
that each individual brings 5 or more gallons of potable water to use
and then add to the cisterns there.

There are many good campsites and the field station has 9 bunks plus
couches. There is a shower, kitchen table and fully outfitted kitchen.
We even have a presentation screen should anyone bring a projector.

Today I'm heading out there to do recon on the upcoming Deep surveys.

There is cell service there.

My phone number is 361-362-3677, give me a shout with any questions.

Is there any interest from grotto members in making a trip to these
caves? I believe I will certainly organize something in the future so
Alex, Tyler, Tristan and I can go as well as anyone else that would be
interested.