Geary,

I like and agree with your views on limiting population growth in the USA. Let
the population explosion occur on the rest of the planet but not here. Adults
should be encouraged and given an incentive to have smaller families. Two
children should be enough for most citizens. I like your tax suggestions
relating to children. Our system is terribly broken (in many areas) when the
tax paying and voting citizens allow our governments to reward unwed mothers
for having children. This is not compassion but stupid intervention into
personal lives which promotes decay in our society and unreasonable taxation to
support it. Unfortunately, this and other intelligent actions and choices will
not occur, at least not in my lifetime. The US has far too many entitlements
that need reform. That includes social security and medicare for future
generations. Geezers like me, and you if you are lucky, have paid all of our
adult lives and have earned the benefits. But what about those who have yet to
pay into the system? They could be taxed less on their future earned wages with
a lesser entitlement benefit and encouraged to have individual retirement plans
in the private sector. Due to misguided government policies we cannot (will
not) stop the flow of illegal immigrants which are violating our federal
immigration laws. The feds and states should vigorously enforce our laws and
make them more stringent. Even I could come up with a fair way to deal with
those currently in our country illegally. The law (liberally interpreted)
making children of illegal aliens born here citizens should be changed
immediately. I believe the USA is the only nation with this policy. Some argue
that this policy is not really a hard and fast written law. I think my soap box
just collapsed so I will get back to work on something more productive to earn
some money to help the "poor folks".

Fritz