David Ochel asked whether donations to the UT Grotto are deductible, and I don't see any other comment following up on that among the many e-mails I haven't yet read. (I was away in Colorado for a week. My missing a grotto meeting and one or more parties seems to have worried some people. Sorry.)

The grotto's status as a chapter of the NSS does not have any tax advantages. Some NSS activities, such as projects (like the AMCS) do enjoy the privilege of people making donations for them through the NSS office, so that they get recorded in the NSS's books as donations, should anyone from the IRS ask.

Anyway, even if the grotto had its own official tax-deductible status, I'm sure it wouldn't really be OK to launder donations to private individuals by calling them donations to the grotto. Anyway, what sort of cheapskate cares whether donations to the Schumachers are deductible?--Mixon
Education is what is left when what has been learnt has been forgotten.
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org