I'm gonna be in Utah for the next two weeks, so lemme just throw out some
ideas before I leave.

Congri arroz:  Cuban black beans and rice dish.  Cheap, easy, and
vegetarian. Often served with fried bananas/plantains.

Jamaican cornbread: Spiced version of cornbread with coconut in it.  Had it
at the Jammin' House Cafe in Marble Falls. I can prob rip off the recipe.

My pepper plants are still going strong (the only thing that really is right
now), so maybe we can do something with serranos?

Sandi