The current Gregorian calendar ends December 31st 2011...  But we'll just
print a new one for 2012.  I presume the Aztecs got tired of carving new
stone calendars every solar cycle, so they made an arbitrarily long one.

I think historians could argue that the 'end times' came for the Aztecs long
before 2012...

-B