Posted on behalf of Cheryl Jones:

I hope you were able to watch the Friday's subcommittee hearing
on WNS, or the video.  NSS WNS liaison Peter Youngbaer did an
**outstanding** job speaking for the NSS and cavers, and based on
their questions, the subcommittee members seemed to really take
notice of what he had to say. We couldn't have asked for better
representation.

Webmaster Alex has created a Web page for the hearing, including
photos and links to the video and testimonies.
http://caves.org/WNS/Hearing%20on%20Why%20Should%20We
%20Care%20About%20Bats.htm (On the main WNS page the link
is included in the section "Education and Outreach" towards the
bottom of the page. "Congressional Hearing: "Why Should We
Care About Bats?" - June 24, 2011.")

The written testimonies were provided to the subcommittee
members in advance, and each person on the panel had only 5
minutes to present a synopsis. Peter provided copies of the 2011
Conservation issue of the "NSS News" containing the WNS reports
to the Natural Resources Committee's office to distribute to
members, and had additional copies available for the audience as
well. He held up a copy at one point during his statement as a
reference for data and more information.

I hope everyone will take the time to watch the video of the hearing,
and read Peter's and the other testimonies.

Spread the word to your grotto and caving buddies.

Cheryl