texascavers Digest 17 Mar 2011 13:24:03 -0000 Issue 1267

Topics (messages 17378 through 17385):

Re: Off Topic - Where's the REAL OT List?
        17378 by: Louise Power

Bluegrass Unerground performance in Cumberland Caverns to air on PBS :
        17379 by: JerryAtkin.aol.com

Blue Harness, anyone?
        17380 by: Mallory Mayeux

ON TOPIC - TSA Spring Convention
        17381 by: Sheryl Rieck
        17383 by: germanyj.aol.com

Re: TSA Spring convention 2011 Website
        17382 by: Don Arburn

NCRC Weeklong 2011-Puerto Rico
        17384 by: Lydia Hernandez

TSA Convention Bag O' Fun - Saturday, April 2nd at Fort Clark Springs,
Brackettville, TX
        17385 by: Mark.Alman.L-3com.com

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
For those of you who wanted it, the OT address is:
o...@texascavers.com
People used it for awhile after it was established, but sort of veered off
after a time.

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 02:26:13 -0500
From: rod.g...@earthlink.net
To: Texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Off Topic - Where's the REAL OT List?

R D asked,

"Is it that difficult to post other material in a separate place?"

Unfortunately, it is quite difficult for anyone who has no clue about how to do
it, and I suspect that most of the subscribers to Texascavers fall into this
category. During the last several years, I've seen a number of messages on this
list asking people to take various topics to the mysterious OT list, but I
don't think I've ever seen a message explaining how to do that. No wonder
nobody (or practically nobody) uses it!

If we want people to make use of a "REAL OT List" then we need to make sure
that there is an easy way for people to read it and to post messages there, and
we need to publicize the directions enough on Texascavers so that people will
actually know how to do it. Also, whenever a new discussion thread begins on
the OT list, it would be useful for someone to alert us with a brief message
posted to Texascavers. Otherwise, people interested in an OT topic are liable
to miss the discussion by not checking the OT list, in which case, writers will
be tempted to post everything to the regular Texascavers list, because they
think no one is reading the OT list.

Rod