I bought one similar to this one at my local Batteres Plus, but mine is
considerably smaller and made of metal. Got a deal on it because I mentioned
the radio station I'd heard about it on. The high light is bright enough that I
wouldn't look directly into it. The low light helps me get into the house
because my porch light is out and I can't see the keyhole without it. The
blinking phase blinks either SOS or a steady sort of flutter blink. It uses
three AAA batteries. It fits into my purse (about 4 1/2 inches long) and I take
it everywhere. Which is a good thing, because it got a friend of mine and I out
of a theatre last week when the electricity went off in the middle of a movie.