Yesterday, I purchased the product below at Home Depot:

     http://imagethumbnails.milo.com/009/218/201/600/9218242_10844201_600.jpg

They have had it for a while, so this may not be news.

This is a very good purchase.      This product is much more practical
than a Coleman gas lantern or propane lantern.      It is more
practical than a fluorescent
lantern.    And in some ways more practical than a flashlight.

I like it.    It seems to be well constructed.      The hexagonal ends
allow you to lay it flat in 5 different directions, but I think only 2
of those
are practical.     This also keeps it from rolling like all the other
competition does.

It stands on its own, if you have a sturdy flat surface.

It only has an 800 mAh battery, but it is NiMH.

Since it is easily recharged, you can take it on road-trips and use
for a variety of things that require light.

It is not water resistant, but I bet it could be rigged with some
duct-tape to make it better.

It doesn't have a dimmer setting, which is the number one flaw to me.
    It does have a night light, but that only works when
plugged in.

This would be an excellent light for cavern tour guides, especially
those doing lantern tours, like in Grutas de la Juxtlahuaca.

I am going to recommend this product.

I will keep this one, and might buy some more.

David Locklear

Ref:

http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical-Electrical-Tools-Accessories-Work-Lights/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg1Zbm8p/R-202532404/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=2