We already have a volunteer, Christopher Francke, who has agreed to do it. Thanks for the quick response.

Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: Rod Goke
Sent: Mar 29, 2011 12:23 AM
To: TexasCavers
Cc: Rod Goke , Jim Kennedy , Ellie
Subject: [Texascavers] Seeking volunteer to transport and operate PA system for TSA convention

I agreed to provide PA sound equipment for use during the presentations and auction at the TSA Convention in Brackettville next weekend (April 1--3), and I told Ellie that either I would operate it myself if I attend the convention or I would loan it to someone else to take to the convention if I don't attend. I'm not certain yet whether or not I will attend, but it is looking increasingly impractical for me to do so. Consequently, I'd like to find a volunteer who can transport the PA system from Austin to the convention and back and who can set it up and operate it there if I don't go. Some prior familiarity with PA sound equipment would be desirable, but the equipment is fairly easy to use, and I can meet with the volunteer in Austin beforehand to explain how to set it up and operate it. This involves audio equipment only, NOT video projectors or computers, since, presumably, other people are taking care of any video equipment needs. (I will, however, include an appropriate cable to let someone with a computer play computer sound through the PA system, in case anyone wants to do that.)

Please contact me directly if you can volunteer to do this.

Thanks,
Rod Goke
rod.g...@ieee.org
(512) 892-4186