texascavers Digest 29 Mar 2011 14:48:13 -0000 Issue 1278

Topics (messages 17477 through 17479):

Re: T Minus One Week! - Saturday, April 2nd at Fort Clark Springs,
Brackettville, TX
        17477 by: Josh Rubinstein
        17478 by: Josh Rubinstein
        17479 by: Joe Ranzau

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
Hey all,

I have spent a lot of time working in Brackettiville.  One suggestion.
 Bring cash.  Not every place takes plastic like they do in the big
city (Uvalde).

Josh

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:25 AM, ellie :) <ellie.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> Spring Convention.
>>
>> Saturday, 5 - 7 pm
>>
>> This is for everybody who owns vertical gear.
>>
>> Do you feel you are lacking efficiency when climbing on rope? Do you have
>> basic knowledge on how to get up and down a rope, but you never learned (or
>> have forgotten) about basic safety protocols and precautions? Do you have
>> particular questions about aspects of single rope technique or pieces of
>> your vertical kit?
>>
>> This will be a loosely structured workshop, based on participants' needs
>> and interest. The objective is to review whatever questions you might have,
>> with the goal of improving the overall safety awareness and competency of
>> Texas' vertical caving community. Bring your own gear - we will aim to have
>> ropes set up for gear adjustment and review of techniques, but this is *not*
>> an introduction to vertical caving for those who have never been on rope.
>> (Ask your local Grotto for such training opportunities.)
>>
>> 6.)     Vendors and TCMA Auction
>>
>> Cavers, don’t forget that the usual vendors (Texas Speleological Survey,
>> Texas Speleological Association, and Association for Mexican Cave Studies)
>> will be set up just outside the Service Center at Fort Clark in a
>> week-and-a-half for the fabulous TSA Spring Convention!  Bring cash or
>> checks!  And as a preview, the TSS will have a new edition of the Map CD
>> ready just for this event!  There are 144 new maps added since the last
>> edition (released in July 2009 for the ICS in Kerrville), and 1379 total
>> maps.  It’s still only $10!!!  Of course, there are lots of other great
>> publications on Texas caves that will be for sale.  To check ‘em out in
>> advance, and see the prices, go to the TSS website and look at the list at
>> http://www.utexas.edu/tmm/sponsored_sites/tss/PDF/TSSprices.pdf.
>>
>> Jim “Crash” Kennedy
>>
>> TSS Office Manager
>>
>> P.S. -.  There will also be some real surprises and excitement at the
>> Saturday evening TCMA Auction, so be sure to attend!  It’s going to be a
>> real hoot!
>>
>> If you have any last minute items to donate, BRING IT!
>>
>> 7.)     Last and, certainly, not least – FOOD!
>>
>> Stefan and The CCC (Caver Cooking Crew) are presenting this most excellent
>> offering of the Official State  Food of Texas ©:
>>
>> BBQ Brisket, BBQ Pork
>>
>> Smoked chicken and sausage gumbo (coz Mallory missed it last time)
>>
>> Rice & vegetable salad
>>
>> Potato salad
>>
>> BBQ fixin’s
>>
>> Dessert (?).
>>
>> I’ll need help beforehand and on the day, can I get some volunteers?
>>
>> Also, can anyone give me a ride out there in a more suitable vehicle, the
>> RX-8 isn’t really up to it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>> This will be the last announcement from me (About d*** time, Mark!) and
>> the TSA hopes to see you there in just ONE week!

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I think there might be one at the Valero.

Josh

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:46 AM,  <speleoste...@aol.com> wrote:
> Is there an ATM in Brackettville?
>
> Bill
>
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I'm already here!

Joe

On Mar 29, 2011, at 8:25 AM, "ellie :)" <ellie.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> If you have any last minute items to donate, BRING IT!
>

> 7.)     Last and, certainly, not least – FOOD!
>

> Stefan and The CCC (Caver Cooking Crew) are presenting this most excellent
> offering of the Official State  Food of Texas ©:
>

> BBQ Brisket, BBQ Pork
>
> Smoked chicken and sausage gumbo (coz Mallory missed it last time)
>
> Rice & vegetable salad
>
> Potato salad
>
> BBQ fixin’s
>
> Dessert (?).
>

> I’ll need help beforehand and on the day, can I get some volunteers?
>
> Also, can anyone give me a ride out there in a more suitable vehicle, the
> RX-8 isn’t really up to it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stefan
>

> This will be the last announcement from me (About d*** time, Mark!) and the
> TSA hopes to see you there in just ONE week!

--- End Message ---