The Cookout is still on schedule for May 21st at Camp Happy Hollow
near Burton, TX.

It is highly likely that there will be no cooking.     It may either be
Popeye's Chicken or KFC.

Unlike the previous caver gathering in west Texas, that had unlimited flow
of beer, we are going to show you how we lay it down out here in the wastelands
void of Karst.    We will have an Oreo brownie for every attendee, and hopefully
some factory-fresh Blue Bell ice cream.

I do not expect anyone who lives more than 2 hours from Burton to attend this
event, and I fully understand.

My plan is to find new people in east Texas and invite them to this
event.   I tried
very very hard to do that last year with zero success.

If you think you might come, please keep my cell-phone number readily available,
281-995-8487 ( maybe 281-960-0687 ).

My personal goal this year is to build a stronger relationship with
the owners of
Camp Happy Hollow.     I strongly feel this place has the potential to put on a
very large caver gathering someday.

The town of Burton is almost a ghost-town, and is between Brenham and Austin,
just off of Hwy. 290.

The bicycling around the campground is good.    Shade is abundant and
all campspots
are large and shady with electricity and water included.     Very good
hot showers.
The lodge is about 1/3 the size of the Fort Clark hall that was used
at TSA Spring
Convention.

I can realistically see 30 cavers attending, plus or minus 20.

This is an informal get-together that will have some gerry-rigged
features thrown in
in the minutes before the event.

David Locklear
Fort Bend County Speleological Society