I bet the world that they won't do it because of economic reasons. Can you
imagine the uproar in that southern New Mexico City if that happened? But,.....
seriously, I am trying hard to think positive here, and am hoping for the most
altruistic of  outcomes, that of bats vs. economics, if indeed closing caves is
proven to be the way to limit the spread of WNS. It could involve some economic
hardship there if that happened. Lake is remote, with lots of bats and a water
source in the cave, and Ogle of course is Ranger Guided. I wonder if they will
close New (Slaughter) Cave too. Not sure where Goat Cave is. What about
adjacent caves on BLM and Forest service lands with bats in them? Yellow Jacket
comes to mind. I remember a bat gate being put in some years ago.....
...... Of course, we could just ask the bats to pick a cave and stay in it, and
not move around a lot......or in the big cave, to not use the public entrance
when they leave in the evening and stay in their own part of the cave the rest
of the time....Stay (looney) tuned folks, it could get interesting.....Carl