Wow!

Busy weekend.

Don't forget that the 100th project weekend for the GCSNA is that
weekend, as well:

The 100th trip of the Government Canyon Karst Project will take place on
the 5th and 6th of March. We will meet as usual at 9:00 on both days in
the parking area of the Volunteer/Research Station to organize teams and
objectives. On the evening of the 5th (Saturday) we will have a hog
roast, awards ceremony, and presentation in celebration of the 100th
project trip. The event will take place at the Volunteer/Research
Station. All are invited to come. The hog will be provided courtesy of
the Government Canyon Hog Hunters (feral hog eradication). A vegetarian
entre will also be provided. Please bring a side dish and your own
drinks. The meal will begin at 5:30.

Many participants will be camping at the volunteer campground nearby so
bring your tent and join in the fun. Then go caving, digging, or
ridgewalking on Sunday.

Directions to the Government Canyon Karst Project:

Find the intersection of U.S. 16 and Loop 1604 in northwest Bexar County
(clearly shown on any state highway map). Drive 2 miles north on U.S. 16
to the third traffic light and turn left onto FM 1560 (there is a Shell
station on the corner). Follow 1560 for 3 miles till you see the sign
for GCSNA. Follow the arrow to the right and drive 2 more miles to the
sharp left turn in the road. The gate to GCSNA is straight ahead. Enter
at the gate and then take the first right. There is an unlocked gate
that will need to be opened and then closed behind you. Continue to the
Volunteer/Research Station, where we will meet.

Marvin Miller

(210) 415-5190

Finish up in time and you can probably make the hog feed, as well!

Thanks,

Mark