From: David [mailto:dlocklea...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:08 PM
To: Cavers Texas
Subject: [Texascavers] Langtry caves

This e-mail concerns 3 popular caves near the town of Langtry:
Langtry Lead Cave, Emerald Sink, and Langtry Quarry Cave.

I have secured permission from the landowner to be on the ranch
for the weekend of April 1-3, 2011.

The caves have always been accessible, as far as I know, but
with one small glitch, which still remains.

He wants each caver to pay him $ 100 per day they are on the
ranch.     I presume you could visit all 3 caves in the same day,
so that would only be $ 33 per cave.    And it would probably
include one night of camping.

Fortunately, his price has not changed with inflation in the
last 20 years, so there is some good news.

That price may sound absurd, and it certainly was the 1st time
we heard about it back around 1990, but he has a large ranch
with lots of surface to explore.    I looked on Google Earth and
Bing, and the detail was barely good enough to locate the 3 caves.
Anyone have better imagery of the area just north of the town
of Langtry?

To the best of my knowledge, any caver is welcome to contact
the landowner, and go out there anytime they want, but it would
be more fun I think, if a large trip could be coordinated, as each
cave can easily hold 8 cavers.

I picked the date of the TSA Convention, however, it is nearly
a 2 hour drive to the caves from Bracketville.     If enough people
want a different date, I can look into that.

David Locklear
caver in Ft. Bend County