All,
The final chance to speak up on the not very well researched, knee-jerk, won't-exactly-help-anyway-but-someone-closer-to-us-may-decide-to-do-this-anyway Wisconsin DNR plan for combatting WNS.

I normally try to be a bit more politic in my descriptions of agency follies but I'm at work and trying to get things set so I can see you all in Carlsbad so my apologies. Please read the the material provided by John (links to web material below) and if you can respond, do so before the Dec. 3 (tomorrow) deadline. Jacqui

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Lovaas" <jlov...@mc.net>
To: "'J. LaRue Thomas'" <jlrbi...@sonoratx.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:55 AM
Subject: RE: Article on Wisconsin WNS management rules

Jacqui-

Thanks for doing all that you could to get the information on the WIDNR WNS
plan distributed. If there's a chance you could distribute this final
item(shown below)today, I'd appreciate it. There is a final opportunity for
written comments to the Wisconsin Natural Resources Board; the deadline is
Friday December 3(tomorrow) at 4PM CST.

Thanks very much- John Lovaas

http://www.mss-caving.org/Savethebats.htm
<http://www.mss-caving.org/Savethebats.htm>

There is still time to comment on the Wisconsin DNR WNS Rules - until Dec 3
at 4pm.

For everyone that has been following the Wisconsin DNR's misguided WNS
management plan.....

It's not too late to submit comments to Wisconsin regarding their WNS
policies which will harm bat populations! We have until Dec 3 at 4pm CST.

Although comments to the DNR were due Nov 29, we can still comment to the
Natural Resources Board directly for their December 8th meeting.

The NRB meeting on Dec 8 will be to discuss the newly revised WNS rules,
from the Nov 29 comments and hearing but the DNR hasn't published the
revised rules yet! Most likely the DNR won't publish the revised rules until right at the edge of the public comment cut off period. We have no reason to believe the revised rules will be substantially different from the original
rules, which promote bat exclusion from hibernacula and claim humans are a
major vector for WNS as well as ignores all bat roosts, except caves and
mines, for control. Please comment on the original rules, which are the only
ones available to the public to review (and are currently in force via
emergency orders)

For more information, including letter writing help, and copies of letters
from the NSS, BCI, and others to the Wisconsin DNR please visit:

http://www.mss-caving.org/Savethebats.htm
<http://www.mss-caving.org/Savethebats.htm>

PLEASE forward this email on!!

-Eric McMaster NSS 40642 LF

Minnesota Speleological Survey Save the Bats Committee