I am postponing Report # 10 describing a day I spent in northern rural Maryland.

I am in Harrisonburg Virginia, on I-81 heading south and don't plan to
stop unless
I have to.

My original plan I had a week ago was to spend an afternoon in a commercial cave
like Shenandoah Caverns, and then camp at a scenic state park with some kind
of swimming hole, and then the next day tour a cave in southern Virginia.

But that plan failed.

One of my assumptions that failed on this trip was that my wi-fi notebook would
allow me easy access to information.    But since I had never traveled with one,
I just was not prepared for the reality.    I wasted lots of time
trying to get on-line,
when I could have been driving.    Either the wi-fi place ( usually
McDonald's ), was
not working as advertised, or my battery was dead, or my extension cord was not
long enough, or there was no wi-fi place to begin with, and logging on
to the service
was slow, when I was in a hurry to find info and get back on the road,
or I was just
too tired to get on-line.

Another assumption that clearly failed, was my reliance on Craigslist
to find riders.
At this stage, I feel like that was just a mistake, that acted like a
domino effect
causing other unforeseen problems.

Not having a passenger to help navigate, read maps, watch the road, keep me a
wake, manage the music, pay gas, and help drive, has caused me to move much
slower than I had planned on.    Plus it is just boring driving for
hours all by yourself.

At the moment, I plan to sleep in my van tonight somewhere around
Chattanooga, Tennessee.

I still may try to go to a commercial cave in Tennessee,  maybe Ruby Falls ?

David Locklear