I mentioned 4 days ago that I had a new inexpensive cell phone
that could send and receive Cavetex messages
( or any G-mail message )

I am surprised to report that I really like how it works.

The phone chimes whenever I get a Cavetex message.

It only takes 2 easy clicks of the largest button on the phone to
read the e-mail, and loads the entire message quickly.

Another interesting feature, is that if there is a link in the e-mail,
you can click on the large button to scroll down to it, and then
appears an option to open the link by clicking the top left button
of the phone.   If you scroll down to where the sender signs their message,
and they put their phone number, it changes the same button to call sender, and
if you scroll down to their e-mail, the button changes to e-mail sender.
That is pretty ingenious and very simple once you see how it works.

    http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/1059/1059109_sa.jpg

The phone has a decent digital camcorder and lets you download mpegs or watch
your own video-clips in widescreen mode by holding the phone sideways.   That
is not bad for a cheap phone.

The speed of the web-browser is very slow at downloading videos, but they are
clear and the sound is good, meaning if you have an interesting video that you
want to watch or share with friends, you can.

Unfortunately, the speaker phone in non usable.

The monthly bill is only $ 50 plus $ 3 of taxes.    I have been using
this service
since about September and my only complaint is customer service is mostly
automated recordings, and getting a live person is very difficult.

I would recommend this phone as a good back-up phone for anyone needing a
2nd phone, unless it is cheaper for you to add a 2nd line to your existing cell
service.

I like clam-shell phones, and the way they easily fit in a shirt pocket.

David Locklear