Well, I'd be glad to do so.  Unfortunately, we will be in the SW China Karst
with our tour group at the time.  Best I can do is have a sumptuous serving
myself, chase it with some fine Chinese beer, and think good thoughts of our
friends and colleagues in Texas.

That's the same reason we have been missing TCR in recent years.  It rains 2
meters a year in the Chinese karst and the summers are hot, wet, muddy, and you
cannot see much in the rain and clouds.   Lousy for tourism.   You have a
narrow window in the spring, between winter and the monsoons, and that is the
best time for serious exploration of the big river caves as the water in them
is at its lowest.   Then the spring-summer rain and the river caves flush, some
with 50 meters or more of water.   Many with less, but the lowest passages
still become rather hostile. TCR typically conflicts with the best time for
tourism in the karst of China.

Pity.

DirtDoc