Today's issue of Nature magazine includes a News report about the analysis of genes in various dog breeds to identify genetic causes for neuropsychiatric diseases in humans (and dogs, of course).

http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100825/pdf/4661036a.pdf

If you're unable to download the PDF, contact me and I'll forward it to you.

How is this related to caving? Lots of cavers like to bring their dogs to TCR, and some of them are neurotic (dogs or cavers, you decide).

Diana

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diana R. Tomchick
Associate Professor
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Department of Biochemistry
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214B
Dallas, TX 75390-8816, U.S.A.