Rod Goke may remember this event.  I forwarded this death or injury by fire
thread to another old Florida caver and he wrote back with a good old tale I'd
forgotten about:

"Subject: RE: Flaming near death in a Cave

Do you remember the exploding Flash Attachment I had on one caving trip?  It
turned out that gas from my carbide lamp probably seeped into the flash
attachment & when I took a picture the electrical spark within the Flash
Attachment caused the explosion.  The sound was more frightening than the
explosion. "

I'm surprised I forget that one, because like Steve says, there was quite a
loud blast.  No injury, but I do believe that was the last time he could use
that flash attachment.

Roger Moore
GHG