Glad you're all back, Matt.  I wish I could be at the UT Grotto meeting to hear
Tone spell out the adventures.  I hope somebody will write things up.

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Turner <kat...@yahoo.com>
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Sent: Tue, Jul 6, 2010 12:24 am
Subject: [Texascavers] Whirlpool/Laguna

Thanks to everyone who's replied to this. We will still be having the Whirlpool
trip as there are 15 people currently signed up and just because we're(both
myself and Matt Zaldivar another one of the leaders who was also on the same
laguna trip) sore doesn't mean we'll ruin it for possible new cavers.

As for the Laguna de Sanchez trip I wouldn't call it ill fated. Yeah it didn't
turn out as we planned it to, but really what great adventure goes to plan?
Yeah we didn't get all of our goals checked off and we had to leave some
vehicles for a while down there, but all of us got back safe and sound. There
were no injuries...well except my pride maybe. So I'd say this was a very
successful trip.  Note, don't name the first cave found on a trip "Rock me like
a hurricane", it might not end the way you have it planned.  I'd like to thank
Crash again for leading this trip, I know it was a hard pill to swallow at
times. I'd also like to thank everyone on here who were concerned for our
safety, this is exactly the primary reason I love caving.

Goodnight,
Matt Turner

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it." - Aristotle

"Empty pockets never held anyone back.Only empty heads and empty hearts can do
that."- Norman Vincent Peale