There will be a scheduled  project trip to Amistad National Recreation Area
near Del Rio, Texas on the  weekend of September 11-12, 2010.  I have slots
for about 15-20 people  so this will be a first come-first serve
opportunity for  folks.
The goals for the trip will  be to:
1.)  Relocate caves and  karst features that were noted by the
International Boundary Water Commission  back in the early 1960s.  We have
rough
locations and descriptions but no  one has relocated and surveyed these
features
since then.
2.)  Explore and survey  the caves and karst features that have been
relocated.
3.)  Ridgewalk areas  that have no known caves.
Camping will be  provided by the NPS at the group camping site.  For those
that  want a warm bed and sit-down meal, Del Rio is only about 15 minutes
away.
Some of the caves may be  vertical and/or require digging to open.  The
flora in the area can only be  described as vicious so bring tweezers and long
pants.  Heavy hiking boots  are a must if you don't want the cactus and
lechuguilla to cripple you.   The  weather at that time of the year will be
warm
and probably dry, so  plan accordingly.  If you have any questions, please
contact me off  digest.
I hope to see you all out  there.  There's plenty of caves and karst for
everyone  !
Jerry  Atkinson.