If you go to Google Earth, the area on the W side of the road has a photo there of Presa la Sauceda (an earth dammed reservoir). It looks like a digital artifact where there is overlap in edgematching of the satellite images from INEGI. There seems to be a splice there..

photo (I made it small so whiners about bandwidth won't freak out.)