Terry, There's some interesting information on this answers site

http://www.answers.com/topic/cruise-missile

such as, "The missile, which flies at altitudes of about 50 ft (15 m), has a
range of up to 2,000 mi (3,200 km). It uses internally stored computerized maps
of its route to follow the contour of the terrain and also makes use of
information from navigation satellites to adjust its course."

and some interesting pictures from an Australian site which may confirm this
particular sighting by comparison:

http://www.ausairpower.net/TE-Cruise-Missiles-1985.html

Louise