For one thing, they said that the ancestors of these monkeys moved in
over 10 million years ago. There weren't any local Indians keeping
pets at that time. For another thing, sea level has been much lower at
various times allowing dry land crossing between what are now
islands--not to mention plate tilting and other movement that would
have affected the sea level and land elevations of the entire region.
And yet another thing is that a lot of animals are carried down
flooding rivers on logs and natural rafts and sent out to sea by
currents and winds to either die on the ocean or to be washed up on
shore--often on islands. And what makes anybody think this beast came
from Africa? Did it have a tail? Old World monkey are tailless; New
World monkeys have tails. Are they even related to each other?
--Ediger